The practice of yoga benefits the body, mind, and spirit. While some of these benefits can be expressed in words, others are beyond description, and can only be experienced.
Regular practice of yoga, benefits the body in the following ways:
- Improves flexibility of muscles and joints
- Strengthens muscles and bones
- Improves posture and body alignment
- Improves digestion, circulation, and immunity
- Enhances function of neurological and endocrine organs
- Prevents and provides relief from chronic illnesses, such as chronic pain syndromes, anxiety and panic disorders, depression, sleep disorders, chronic fatigue syndrome, and high blood pressure
Overall the body feels healthier and more energetic. It is less prone to diseases and effects of day-to-day stress.
The following two tabs change content below.